Saturday, September 20, 2008

“There is no hope for the ones we love,
For all have passed on into dimness.
But a still small voice that we dream from above,
Comes to us like a light in the darkness.
When I kiss the one that I love so dear,
I pray this will not be the last,
She is taken away in the tears of her fear,
The years we spent grew too fast.
So I’ll sing to you love, in the dark of the night,
When the clouds of sadness seem so strong,
I will come for you and for your life I shall fight,
But for now sleep on in my song.”

--Briar Frost

7 comments:

The Fire Scribe said...

This is beautiful! You have so much poetic skill and I await the pleasure of reading more of your words.

Joshua James said...

Does this poem stand on it's own or is it an excerpt from one of your other works? Either way, it is very soothing, almost melancholy.

Anna Michael said...

Yes Josh, (strange that you would notice) this poem was originally written for my book "Weirock." It was actually a song that Cline sang to Ivy during the imprisonment at Redshift. I was thinking about posting that but I didn't know if it would matter to anyone... guess it does to you.:D

White Badger said...

wowies! I have to get a copy of this!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what skill and talent God har placed in you! That poem is beautiful. Keep up the good work!

Anna Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna Michael said...

Thanks everybody for your encouragement!