Sunday, September 7, 2008


"Love is strange how it grasps you by surprise,
And how it can hold you in this anomalous sense,
And do you ever wonder what bewilderment truly lies,
In this fatal seeming feeling that grows so tense?
But as this strange emotion envelops your every wit,
You suddenly become numb to the sounds and sight of life,
It feels as if a weight of glory has truly hit,
And you know that nothing could ever more become strife."

--Briar Frost

But what's more is that without the love God has so graciously given us we could never express the simple word "love" in such powerful statements. Love is expressed through the notes and melody of musick, the simple yet life-changing words on a page, the strong and tender look in someones eyes... yet we all think back to something or someone in our life when these words come to mind. A mother's love for her child, Christ's love for His people, two young lovers who have been brought together by the supernatural working of God, the young child for his parents, or the Pastor for his Church. What more can we say, but that love has been erected by our Heavenly Father, and there has been no mistake on His part for designing it. 314 times is the word "love" written in the Word of God, we cannot abuse what God has given to us so freely and treat it as some Greco-Roman myth. As a Child of God love goes far beyond emotion, this is easily said when it comes to loving your enemies. Matthew 5:44 not only commands us to love our enemies, but to go beyond emotion... to "Bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you..."

8 comments:

Joshua James said...

Beautiful, it seems as though your writing talent blossoms further with every new post.

Anonymous said...

Um, wow...

Anna Michael said...

Thanks so much! I like your comments more than I like my posts, ha, ha! By the way, I will post my name out beside whatever I write, letting you know if it was my work or someone elses. I will usually always give the other person the credit, except a few times when I am not aware of who wrote it.

The Fire Scribe said...

Simply astounding, captivating to a world which views love as the here and now as opposed to the poetic emphasis of care, action, and safety.

Anna Michael said...

Yes Jonathan, I am so thankful that there are people out there preaching the truth about love... such as my Father, Voddie Baucham, Ken Ham, Doug Phillips, etc. Glad you like it!

The Fire Scribe said...

How could I not enjoy it when persons of our age resolve to preach and live the doctrines of old. May God bless this reformation. I look forward to more posts, and persevere to continue writing myself for, as you quoted to me, "Writers write, lest they die!"

Anna Michael said...

Wow, you actually remembered my quote! :D But isn't it so true? One time I didn't write for an entire day... and I died. Thankfuly I have recovered, and am now writing daily!!!

Joy said...

Thank you for bringing true love back into perspective!