Thursday, June 30, 2011

Before Summer Ends...


Before the summer ends I thought I might spread a
bit from Puritan's Providence

We finally realized that our mulberry tree was a white
Asian mulberry tree. Fine by me, except that we waited too
long for them to ripen and the birds
found them before we realized our mistake


After this picture was taken we had the pond extended
to the other side of the fence, to the ducks great
joy!

Speaking of the ducks, I think my pictures are a little
out of date. They no longer look like cute, fuzzy
little things



Our plums did quite well. Once Belle found us picking
our fruit, she decided she would do the same


My garden marker is no longer visible from the
feathery, green stalks of the carrots.
They seem just about ready to harvest!


I believed this was going to be our most productive
tree until the figs and blueberries came on


Just as our fruit came on and our bees arrived
small, yellow flowers showed their heads
all around our yard


This garden marker has also completely disappeared
amongst the onions and cabbage


Every day a tomato or four... ready to be picked.


We're thankful for Belle--if it weren't for her, the ducks
would never get into their pen at night

6 comments:

SarahTheScrivener said...

Those are wonderful pictures! I wish I was there!

Anna Michael said...

I wish you were here as well! I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Really fun to read! Keep up the good works. U. Steve

Aunt Rebecca said...

Nice pictures Anna. You make gardening look idealic but I know better. After dealing with an acre of corn 10 years ago, I am an avid WalMart fan. My gardening is restricted to flowers, flowers, and more flowers!

Joshua James said...

Nice pics, my favorite is the one of the blooming dandolion.

Anna Michael said...

Aunt Rebecca, good comment, can't push Wal-Mart out of the picture! ;D Thanks to you and Uncle Steve for commenting. Love you both lots! And I loved the pictures of your trip, U. Steve!