Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Beloved Shore


"My Beloved Shore"
“The wind and the waves,
The sigh of the sea,
The dust of the earth,
And the moon through the trees.
How I long for the touch,
Of the sand ‘neath my feet,
How I long for the crag,
Where I’ll take my seat.
Where the gulls cry above,
And where the salt-spray flies,
This is the tune of my home,
This is where I will lie.
The songs of the water,
And the songs of the beach,
One day on the shores,
Of my beloved home I’ll reach.
Where the waves sing their song,
And the wind softly hums,
There is where he’ll wait,
‘Till on the ship I will come.
But for now I must rest,
On the floor, cold and damp,
But in my dreams I will dream,
Of where at night you shall camp.
There on the shores,
On the rocks and near the sea,
I will soon reach my home,
Where my heart will ever be!”

----Briar Frost





1 comment:

The Fire Scribe said...

Such an earnest longing that can't but warm the sense of love.