Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dr. Daniel Michael


Dr. Daniel Michael, the follower of Christ and His covenant, the head of a growing family, and the mentor I most desperately need. Dr. Michael is the pastor of "Emmanuel Baptist Church," in Alabama. Sitting under his preaching, teaching, and guidance, either in the home or at the Lord's house, is teaching me daily to strive for Christ's glory and not my own. I find myself wandering daily, desiring to follow my own path, but as my Father and mentor, he tenderly brings me under his care and leads me back to the narrow path. I find in my Father's life that he has one goal, and one goal alone... to serve the one and only God, the Creator and foundation of this world. His desires are to bring me up following Christ in all I do, "teaching and admonishing" me. His first obligation is to care for his family, his second the Church. Every day I watch him grow stronger in the Almighty God, his prayer-life, his thirst for the Word, and his sorrow over his stumblings. Watching this "Chosen Light" go daily about the Master's work causes my heart to grieve over the fact that I spend my time so frivolously each day, desiring nothing but to serve the creation and not the Creator. My goal is to grow deeper in the fellowship with my Heavenly Father, and to uplift His name wherever I might be.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He truly is a man of God!

Joshua James said...

I like this idea of posting bios of those who have personally influenced you. I may have to steal the idea for my blog. Keep up the good work, love your posts.

Anna Michael said...

Well, if anyone has influenced me, it would certainly be my Father. Thanks...

Joy said...

I can completely agree with you there, Anna, as I too was blessed with the upbringing of this wonderful man. I used to say, when growing up (and I still do), that if a man on earth could remind me of Christ, he most certainly did! I am SO thankful to God that He gave him to us as our father!

Anna Michael said...

yes, I am so glad that you were brought up in the same house as I was Amy! I love Papa and I love you... and yes, I am being sappy!